Project: Hutch Renovation


A few months ago my sister contacted about redoing her hutch in her kitchen. I told her it was a great idea; the trick was getting her husband to agree. The hutch was passed down from his family and he wasn't too sure about updating it. I told her to tell him that it was past its prime and they would be doing it a favor with a little face lift. ;) My sister and I live 4 hours apart, so all our conversations/design consults are through phone, texts, and emails. After a short conversation, some inspiration images, and her hubby's agreement they got started and finished it in a few short days. 



{taken apart and ready to sand, prime and paint} 

The After




For the color I suggested White Dove by Benjamin Moore, because it is a soft white, with a contrasting color for the back. She picked Silver Sage by Restoration Hardware. I also suggested she remove the upper doors and detailing to open it up for more display space and pick out new hardware. She also lined the drawers with a fun paper. A job well done! After finishing the hutch {which her husband loved}, they got inspired to redo their laundry room. The before and afters are coming soon.
You have read this article me / projects / transformations with the title Project: Hutch Renovation. You can bookmark this page URL http://interior-heaven.blogspot.com/2011/04/project-hutch-renovation.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Project: Hutch Renovation"

Post a Comment